Plant Power is Derek's favorite dairy-free, plant-derived protein powder alternative to whey-based powders. It is free of casein, lactose and gluten and offers a comprehensive nutrient blend. This is a delicious meal replacement option and is ideal for low carb diets! When used with a balanced whole foods diet, Plant Power is designed to help promote an optimal intake of protein, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals needed for overall wellness. This an ideal choice for people with allergies to milk and milk products who must avoid casein or whey proteins, and for those with lactose intolerance.
Plant Power is made with Peatein, a natural pea-grown yellow peas and by using a patented protein technology, the production process does not use any chemicals.
Peatein has an excellent array of amino acids, including high levels of BCAAs (branched chain amino acids). While its amino acid profile is similar to whey protein, it is particularly high in arginine, leucine, lysine and tyrosine. Peatein is a true vegan protein which has excellent digestibility (98%) and is hypoallergenic.
Additional product highlights:
- Ideal meal replacement; 17 grams of protein per 2-scoop serving
- Is excellent for low carb diets
- Easy to digest
- Grain and gluten free
- NatureFolate: Natural vitamin folates that are found in foods such as spinach and are immediately active and bioavailable to the human body.
- Creatine MagnaPower® - stabilized creatine is important for energy reserves and helps to increase muscle mass, strength and endurance. Vegetarians appear to have lower tissue creatine concentrations, since creatine is mostly found in animal foods such as herring, pork, beef, salmon and tuna.
- Contains no sucrose, fructose, or artificial sweeteners, and is naturally sweetened with the laxation-free polyol xylitol and the herb stevia. (Beneficial sweeteners stevia and xylitol do not affect insulin levels).
Who could benefit from Plant Power? This product is suggested in combination therapies for...
- Nutritional support for vegetarians/vegans
- Anyone who is sensitive to whey
- Protein malnutrition
- Weight management
- Lipid management
- Type II diabetic control
- Blood sugar balance
- Weight training
Recommended Use: As a dietary supplement, mix 36 grams (approx. one scoop) in ten ounces of water per day, or as directed by your health care practitioner. Best if consumed within 15 minutes.
** These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
TRAACS® and Creatine MagnaPower® are registered trademarks of Albion Laboratories, Inc. Creatine MagnaPower® is covered by U.S. Patent 6,114,379 and patents pending.