Red Yeast Rice may support the health of the cardiovascular system in the following ways:*
- Helps support a healthy balance of blood lipids such as LDL, HDL, and triglycerides
- Potentially curbs the growth of certain microbes that over time may naturally become present in the cardiovascular system
- Supports a healthy inflammatory response and protects against the damage caused by oxidative stress, thereby supporting arterial health
- Promotes healthy blood sugar levels
- Helps support weight/body fat loss
This product contains 1.2 grams of organic red yeast rice derived from U.S. grown Monascus purpureus, a yeast that contains several compounds collectively known as monacolins. Research shows that monacolin may support overall cardiovascular health.* Monacolin K, in particular, has been shown to help maintain healthy blood lipid levels through its interaction with the production of HMG-CoA reductase, the enzyme directly involved in determining how much cholesterol the body produces.
Outstanding Quality The red yeast rice in this product is USDA certified organic and non-GMO and is grown in the U.S. Designs for Health takes great care to assay our red yeast rice to assure that there are undetectable levels of a common fungal contaminant known as citrinin, as well as substantial levels of naturally-occurring monacolin compounds, especially monacolin K.
Recommended Use: As a dietary supplement, take two capsules per day in the evening, preferably before bed, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
- Do not use if you are pregnant, may become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. Those with soy allergies or sensitivities may be advised to not take this product as it may contain soy.
- Consult with your health care practitioner if you are currently taking a statin medication. Similar to a statin drug, RYR may reduce levels of CoQ10 and vitamin K, which may increase the risk of adverse effects seen with medication use such as gastrointestinal distress, myalgias, hepatitis, myopathies, rash, peripheral neuropathies, and central nervous system effects.* For optimal cardiovascular health, consider combining Red Yeast Rice with Derek's CoQ10.
- Consult with your healthcare practitioner about your specific circumstances and any questions you may have.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.